5.13.2009

Glamour Magazine links to Pregnant Belly Painting!

from http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/blogs/vitamin-g/2009/05/kind-of-fun-or-a-little-nuts-w.html Here's the article!

Women Who Paint Their Pregnant Bellies: Kind of Fun or a Little Nuts?

Wednesday, 05/13/2009 at 4:45 PM 9 Comments

0512-belly-art_vg.jpg

Photo: iStock

I think pregnant bellies--of all shapes and sizes--are adorable. Although being pregnant was not my fave thing, I did like my basketball belly (mostly for the reason that I didn't have to suck in my stomach, ever!). But, would I roll up my shirt and paint a big fat smiley face, or hearts and unicorns on it? Um, no thanks! Yet, this is what some women are doing...

****
Apparently the new trend in baby bumps is painted baby bumps. Seriously. The Daily Mail ran an article that took a look at this kind-of-strange trend. The body art includes fish, smiley faces, baseball motifs, and more--all painted on pregnant bellies!

And, there's more: Here's a belly painting company (yes, really) in the New York area, and check out these intricate belly art designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment