1.02.2015

Why am I giving away art every Monday in 2015?

Happy New Year!
I've decided that I'm going to be giving away a LOT of art this year. It's kind of a strange thing to do. After all, an artist is supposed to be in the business of making and SELLING art, no?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not morally OPPOSED to getting a fair price for my artwork. In fact, it still tickles me pink when someone wants to part with their hard earned buckaroonies because a piece calls out to them and they hear it sing that it wants to live in their home and be loved by them.
The primary reason that I make art is actually a simple one. Artmaking is the best defense that I have against depression. I truly believe that colors keep the darkness away. Art give me purpose. Art brings me joy.
Giving art to people also brings me happiness. I frequently gift friends, collectors and sometimes even abandon art to brighten a stranger's day.
This year, it is my intention to give away a piece of art every Monday. I think it would be a fun way to start the week. It helps me by keeping me on track with my artmaking. I'll know that I have to make at least one new piece that week so it can get sent out to you the following week.
I'll be using a random number generator to choose someone from my mailing list. If you'd like to win free art, you just need to sign up for my mailing list a twww.robynthompsonart.com
Obligatory disclaimer: not gonna sell your email address or spam you.

No comments:

Post a Comment